Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Mouthwashes for swollen gums

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi, does anyone know what type of mouthwash is suitable for swollen gums? I suffer from gum inflammation. My gums are not red anymore (nor do they bleed anymore), they are more on the pink side thanks to daily diligent flossing and brushing. However, they are still slightly swollen and I was wondering if Listerine could be affecting it because I heard that the alcohol in Listerine can irritate gums further. Thus, I was wondering what mouthwash is best for me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Community Volunteer
My husband uses a prescription called: Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.12% Oral Rinse...This he gets from his dentist...This he got both because of bad breath and his gums...You may want to look into it...Many people have tried this and stayed with it since I posted it...Good luck...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?