Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Morphing spots in vision

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hey guys, im 15 years old and very recently i developed some sort of floating spots in the center of my vision that follows my eyesight around that i can see in both eyes, I can see them in the dark and light and when i concentrate on it, it seems to morph kind of like a tadpole shape and change kind of a reddish color, until they shrinks and dissapears, then reappears as a circle again,then changes etc. They seem very bright and they can be blue, reddish, opaue white, and much more noticeable in the dark then outside, but still i can notice them. The spots kind of look like after image spots like ive looked at a small camera flash but less subtle. They are less then a cm in my vision but can grow twice as big and shrink up to a pinpoint. The spots conjoin and split apart too, its very odd, i have a hard time sleeping because its so obvious with no light. ive had a lot of floaters since i was young (especially when i squint) and im sensitive to after images, so im wondering if it will go away on its own (hopefully). ive been to the doctor and im waiting on the referral for the opthamologist.
p.s. im wondering if its some sort of migraine but it wouldnt last this long??

thanks, dylan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2009
Hey there Dylan, my name is Dakota and I have been experiencing the symptoms you described for about a month now. I noticed it after the last opthamalic migraine I had and since then it has been driving me nuts. I lost my appetite because of the anxiety its given me. I stayed home from school twice because it would distract me. The eye doctor said that my vision was just fine, and that it was probably a floater, but I know its not. Just know that you are not alone. Lets hope we find out what this is soon.
|

replied October 17th, 2009
Btw if you already have discovered what it is, please let me know
|