Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

More chances of getting pregnant while ovulating?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
I started ovulating on the 5th of may, and had sex with my boyfriend on the 8th of may, the first time we had sex and pulled it out before but there was pre-cum and then we did it again and he just cummed a little bit and then the third time we cummed up me loads and put tissue on my vagina to stop the cum coming out but five minutes after had to run to get the bus, even if the cums comes out could I still be pregnant anyways? and is there more of a chance getting pregnant while ovulating then when your not? CONFUSED.COM
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2011
Experienced User
The ovulation process is only for 2 days,so if you began to ovulate on 5th, it means you stopped on 7th. So, i think the possibility to be pregnant is excluded. You can't be pregnant. The spermatozoids can live inside your ovarius for 48 hours, and after that they are dead. I have read this many times,i am almost sure that you are not pregnant,including the fact that you said that the sperme was outside you. So....relax.
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2011
Im ovulating from the 5th to the 15th so dont know where you got 2 days from.. also it was inside my vagina not outisde and im trying for a baby so want to be pregnant
|

replied May 10th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Emochick, ovulation is a single event that lasts about 15 minutes. It is literally when the egg bursts out of it's follicle. While it is inside the follicle, you are not ovulating, once it is released, you are not ovulating.

What you are talking about is your fertile period (period as in time, not as in menstruation). Sperm will enter your cervix, swim up your uterus and Fallopian tube up to the ovaries and wait there for an egg to be released (called ovulation). This sperm can survive up to 5 days, more likely 3 days before it gets so weak and damaged that it can no longer penetrate the egg.

After ovulation, the egg will stay alive for up to 24 hours (more likely 8 to 12 hours), floating around the Fallopian tube hoping for a sperm to enter and fertilize it. If the egg is not fertilized, it will die and be expelled as menstrual debris during your menstruation.

So your fertile period for sex is from 5 days before ovulation to 1 day after ovulation. Your most fertile sex time is 2 and 1 day before ovulation.

Best of luck TTC.
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2011
Okay thanks, Well I went on babycentre website and it said I was ovulating from the 5th to the 15th so had sex on the 8th three times, How do you know when your fertile peroid is and when can I do a pregnancy test?
|

replied May 11th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Emochick, even though it is called an ovulation calculator it clearly states that the results are your fertile period. It is 6 days long, just as I explained above.

If you want to learn about your fertility and tracking it, go to fertilityfriend (dot com). Under education, click on charting course and subscribe to the email course. It is excellent and will teach you more than you ever thought possible about your body, cycles and reproduction.

You can do a pregnancy test after you miss a period. Use an early detection test like First Results and use the second stick in the box a week later to confirm the results.

Best of luck TTC!
|

replied April 23rd, 2013
if you had sex 3 days ago and the guy came inside you. How possible is it to be pregnant?????!!!!!
|