Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

2 months since medical abortion, and still bleeding!!

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I had a medical abortion on March 10,2012. It is now May 5,2012, and I am still bleeding. It's stopped for maybe 2 hours at the most about two days a week, but other than that it is like I am having a pretty heavy period. The place where I had it done at won't help me because it has been longer than a month, and I wasn't able to go to the follow-up because their office is about 2 hours from my home, and I haven't been able to afford the gas. Also, when I went to get the medication, they did an ultrasound and told me that I have numerous fibroids on my uterus. Could that have something to do with the bleeding, and should I go to the ER or just wait until my next day off to go to another ob-gyn? I'm at a loss as to what to do now..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2012
help
What hospital did you go to? Any ob-gyn should have never disregarded you in that manner. Their job is your health. I would consider talking to corporate about how they treated you. I also had an abortion in march, the bleeding varied on and off from extremely red to clotty and dark. On might at work I was going thru a tampon every half hour. I went to the er that night and they didn't find anything wrong with me. I would consider getting yourself checked out at a normal hospital because it seems to me you may have been bleeding for too long now.. your biggest concern is your health and I know its hard to be comfortable talking about an abortion to anyone but please my dear, go get checked out. At least you'll know you're safe then.
|

replied May 18th, 2012
If you search around you will read reports of some women bleeding for 2-4 months, unpredictable with very light spotting days and the next with heavy clotting. It's like a non-stop period with the uterus continuing to shed on top of having regular periods. It takes longer for some peoples bodies to sort things out after the imbalance of estrogen and progesterone. Some claim that starting birth control pills helped control the bleeding, and others went the natural route and took Shepherds Purse supplements to minimize the bleeding so it wasn't as heavy as well as taking iron supplements to prevent anemia from the red blood cell loss from constant bleeding (if you are feeling more tired taking iron could be beneficial). I'm not sure how the fibroids factor into any of this, the original procedure seems to cause enough frustration for the women that didn't fall into the magical 2-3 weeks of bleeding category.
|