Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

7-8 months ago started a period ,

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
So about 7-8 mounths ago i started my period and it weird cause im almost in high school and well after i got it 2-4 months pass and my vagina gets strechy and weird but i have never had sex (eww) but i was scared and i really dont talk to my mom about this kinda stuff. Then 2 weeks later i get a big bump but then it goes away after 1 month but its still strechy and then white stuff comes out can you tell me what going on...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A15275
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The stretchiness of the vagina is indication of hormonal changes in the body. During initial time, you will get ‘anovulatory cycles’ (without egg release from ovary) due to which periods will be irregular and you might have long gaps between your periods.
Once you start having ‘ovulatory cycles’ (with egg release), then the periods and bleeding will get more regularised.
You should consider getting an examination done along with test on vaginal discharge to make sure you are not having any infection. Inform your mom, speak to her about the ‘weird’ feelings you are getting, and request her for taking you to the gynecologist/healthcare provider. She will help you out.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.