Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

11 month old with diarrhea

Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....
My 11 month old daughter has had diarrhea for one week now and I am starting to get concerned. The first couple of days I thought perhaps it was a stomach bug or I changed up her foods a little but since then I have gone back to her regular diet and nothing has changed. My son would get diarrhea before cutting a tooth, but I can't remember the diarrhea lasting this long.
She has been fussy and tired, but drinking lots and still has a healthy appetite.
Do you think perhaps there is a tooth coming? I don't see anything as of yet though.

Help??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
hello there,
my granddaughter had this problem and it turned out a mixture between teething and a bug...the diahorrea was terrible it shot out of her so was change of clothes as well as nappy,s..
we took her to doctor to have her checked as we worried for dehydration..she was happy enough the wee soul but mum,s shall be mum,s..
get baby checked out your doing everything you can but this has went on for too long..

my granddaughter went for nearly 8 days but was prescribed antibiotics and it cleared in no time..
hope this helps you and baby gets well soon.
|
Did you find this post helpful?