I've had very swollen tonsils since the start of December last year - since then i've had 4 courses of antibiotics which eased the swelling, pain, feeling of nausea, and lethargy, but at my last DR's appt they stated that as I was negative for glandular fever and the swab did not grow anything of interest then I should just wait and see what happens (I may just have enlarged tonsils)
I'm still suffering with painful (enlarged tonsils), hard swollen lymph nodes just below the angle of my jaw (bilateral), and also what I believe to be swellings of my lingual tonsils. I'm also still experiencing a cough which can produce green phlegm, the feeling of nausea at some points, and also constantly feeling tired (and not waking up feeling refreshed). According to my parents I snore a lot more now than before, and if I sleep on my back I will inevitably wake myself up with my snoring or (as I have done on a couple of occasions), woken up gasping for air.
Is it worth going back and asking to be put back on the antibiotics as they appeared to help? I Don't want to take them if they are unnecessary but if it does help to reduce the swelling and just let me get on with every day life and at the moment I'm at the end of my tether!