Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

5 month baby boy has a purple belly button?

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
my son has a purple beely button with a slight lump on it with a rough texture. would like to know wot possablity what it could be before i head to the doctors
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2015
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
Most probably seems umblical granuloma. The doctor might refer you to paediatrics surgeon. Needs a very minor procedure.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infants , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.