Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mononucleosis transfer symptoms ?

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
Ive been dating my girlfriend for about 6 months now and about 5 days ago she was diagnosed with mono. I had been consistently kissing through its incubation period and during the first two days where acute symptoms began to arise, thinking she just had strep. I hardly ever get strep, so i did not think twice about kissing her. I am 18 and from what i've read i most likely have already been exposed to EBV and am immune to it. My fear is that im not though. Would i also be showing symptoms if i was infected at this point? I am very active and take vitamins and glutamine (Im told that this has immune benefits aside from muscle recovery). What i basically want to know is should i be showing symptoms already? Is it ok to kiss her if i havnt shown symptoms yet? How long should i avoid kissing her? And is it safe for her to have sex? Im worried about the enlarged spleen. Dont want to KO my girlfriend during intercourse.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2010
Experienced User
I would wait until at least a month before you do any fluid exchanges. The acute stage is when she is most contagious. If you already have it's okay. Chances are you may already have been exposed to the virus in the past and are asymptomaic. To be safe, wait until she's recovering. You DONT want mono. Not fun.
|
Did you find this post helpful?