Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mononucleosis, tingling in feets and hands, joint pain.?

Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....
I have mononucleosis, is it normal to experience tingling sensation in feets and arms, joint pain, muscle twitching, heavy feeling? I felt sick as a dog for 10 days, then mono Simptoms went away for a week and a half, after that (now) I am experiencing tingling in all my body (needles and pins sensation), but most of it on feet, joint pain and back pain, heavy hands and feet? I am scared is it normal? Does anyone had this with mono? Did it went away at all? How long did it take?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2012
Mono - Similar Issue
Hi Flor86,

I have had the pleasure of having mono for the past 6 months and can relate entirely. I also had/occasionally have tingling in hands and feet, mainly feet. Almost feels like it is starting to go to sleep. Apparently it is just a weird mono symptom that some people get, as I have read other posts on this site involving people with the exact same issue. I have had tonnes of weird symptoms though, all part of the experience I guess!

Warmest Regards and a speedy recovery!
|

Hi, thanks for the reply. Did you experienced muscle twitch all over? I hate mono. How old are you?
|

No worries! Yeah sure did experience muscle twitching! Still do occasionally, in all different places but primarily in the forearms, calves, and hands. I put that down to muscle fatigue and gradual recovery that comes with mono. I read other posts on this site with plenty of other mono people having the same issues!

I am a 19 year old male, and definitely agree with you on the hating mono! The whole process has been really annoying, turned me into a complete hypochondriac; I am getting heaps better with that though, helps that many, many people report experiencing similar issues.

These are two brilliant posts that I occasionally read to put my mind at ease regarding tingling:

http://ehealthforum.com/health/can-tinglin g-be-virus-related-t322726.html

http://ehealthforum.com/health/tingling-in -some-fingers-and-mono-t238577.html

Look forward to hearing back from you, feel free to send me a private message if that would be more convenient.

Warm Regards! Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2012
I am a 19 female and I have had mono only 3 months so far. It has been hell. I've had severe twitching and still can't really walk around. I feel like Im going to pass out if I try and walk too far. I had to leave college.I started physical therapy. I am improving but Im scared Ill never be back to normal.

How are you doing? I figure it would be helpful to talk to you since you are the same age and we've had some of the same lovely symptoms. I hope to talk soon!
|

replied December 30th, 2012
Hey timeheals8, I fully understand where you are coming from and will have to agree fully with your username, as in the case of mono, time is definitely a huge factor.

I first got mono in April of this year, and by the end of October I was pretty much back to my old self. So in about six months I was through the worst and only experience residual symptoms every now and then when run-down, stressed,etc.

I know exactly how you feel regarding the recovery process, as I had pretty much forgotten how it was to be well, I guess that's how annoying mono is!

Anyway hope this helps, feel free to send me a private message and we can continue sharing our wonderful stories of this excellent time of our lives Very Happy

Warm regards and a speedy recovery!
|