Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mono Flare Ups

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
Towards the end of March, I was diagnosed with Mono and went through all the common symptoms for a total of about 4 weeks, except I really didn't experience any fatigue other than maybe 2 days. After this I was completely fine until 6 weeks later when my posterior cervical lymph nodes, tonsils and nodes closer to my clavicle swelled up again. Currently they are still swollen on and off, and I have been experiencing some fatigue and malaise as well as neck and shoulder pain on one side. I have been having a hard time finding information on mono flare ups, but I was wondering if they were really common after the initial symptoms wore off.

Also, previous to getting full blown mono, did anyone experience symptoms during the incubation period? Previous to becoming sick but after when I'm assuming I was exposed, my tonsils would swell up every other week and I'd become extremely fatigued.

Any insight would be wonderful, thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|