Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mono and Psychology

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I'm curious to know how others feel:

At some point, do you think the symptoms from mono are exacerbated by unconscious psychological things? I'm not saying that mono or its symptoms are fake. Indeed, I've been suffering from them for more than two months. I've just come to wonder recently if the feelings are made worse by our thoughts and attitudes. For example, I expect to not get enough sleep, to not have enough energy, to not be able to exercise. Could those expectations in fact make me experience those things?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2011
Experienced User
Look at it this way, any illness that can last for months and months is bound to have psychological effects. I wouldn't say that your "thoughts and attitudes" would make your mono symptoms worse, but the worse your MONO is, the worse your thoughts and attitudes will be. Hope that helps!
|
Did you find this post helpful?