I noticed that I have a streack of white hair only in one place, on the right side of my head, just past my off centre parting. On closer inspection i have noticed i have a small mole (smaller than smallest finger nail) that looks grey, it isnt itchy, is only slightly raised, and it is surronded by white hair, not grey. I have started going grey in other areas, not all in one place. Should I be concerned?
There are various reasons of hair greying and whitening as stress, prolonged illness, nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalances etc.White hairs only turn grey after some time.
Some suggestions for you:
1. After washing the hair with cold water rub the scalp with fingers as it increases blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
2. Apply lavender oil 3 times a week during night on the scalp and wash off next day.It promotes hair regeneration.
3. Take mixture of lettuce and spinach juice about half a litre daily.
4. Take multivitamin tablet daily once for 3 months.
5. Have healthy nutritious diet comprising of proteins, Vitamin A, zinc, copper.
In the meantime also get some investigations done to rule out the cause of hair loss due to other reasons after delivery:
1. Iron studies.
2. Thyroid Analysis including complete hormonal profile.
3. Trichoscopy in which the hair and scalp structures are visualized.
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.