Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Mole removed and returning through scar

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hi! I had a pre cancerous mole on my back removed over a year ago, and I just realized when I felt a little pressure on my lower back and looked in the mirror, that the mole looks like it's returning through the scar. It's a brown stripe in the scar, and a red dot near. could that be the mole resurfacing? I am pregnant now and kind of concerned. Anyone know if these return under the scar? ... and if so is it bigger because the scar is concealing it? Can it be re-removed? Is it safe when pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2011
Actually my husband said the stripe looks more redish then brown, could look slightly brown, but definitely red. The spot next to it bright red, which I do get bright red spots in pregnancy, but in the scar? maybe it's my skin stretching??
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi AnneEF...I doubt that this is the mole returning again, but for your own peace of mind you should call your Dermatologist and tell him/her of your concern....I would think that if they were worried that you would have been put on a 6 month to a year checkup...Relax and enjoy the joy of your pregnancy...Take care...

Caroline
|

No, I don't think it is anymore, even the color doesn't fit the description... I am supposed to go back 6 months to a year, not for this mole, it was just abnormal cells and they sent the mole to pathology and they said they got all the layers, but for other moles to make sure they haven't changed in size. I haven't gone yet though, because I'm pregnant now and see no mole changes. I'm very good about checking them and making sure there are not changes, which is what they do, but I will go on Monday just because I'm a hypocondriac lol... Thanks for the response.
|

replied October 19th, 2011
Hi AnneEF,
I can only advise you to check your skin carefully (what you are doing already), and maybe try out natural medicine, in order to activate your immune system and healthy body cells. as far as I know, when pregnant, there are a lot of body changes, etc. so you should be careful about everything new that appears. I know, that Virotherapy products are working good with immune system, especially, for those who had experienced skin issues (wierd looking moles, or even melanoma).
Anyhow, take care of yourself!
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2011
Community Volunteer
AnneEF wrote:
No, I don't think it is anymore, even the color doesn't fit the description... I am supposed to go back 6 months to a year, not for this mole, it was just abnormal cells and they sent the mole to pathology and they said they got all the layers, but for other moles to make sure they haven't changed in size. I haven't gone yet though, because I'm pregnant now and see no mole changes. I'm very good about checking them and making sure there are not changes, which is what they do, but I will go on Monday just because I'm a hypocondriac lol... Thanks for the response.

Hi again AnneEF....Like they advised, get your body checked every year by a Dermatologist....This is the safest way to go in view of the dangers of the Sun and what happened during our youth...I know, I just had a complete body scan done today with my Dermatologist...Scheduled one for my husband for early next year...This is and always will be part of our annual health check ups...Nowadays they are taking off any mole or growth that is suspect...I know as one of our sons had two taken off two months ago...Good luck and enjoy that new baby...I send you my best wishes...Take care..

Caroline
|
Quick Reply