Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

mole has raised and changed colour...

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
User Profile
Hi, I m a female age 50yrs. I ve had this mole on the right side of my nose for many yrs. The past few yrs has it raised and changed colour.The past 7mths has it become extremely itchy at times painful.I struggle with nose blockage, it is painful on the inside of my nostrils, constant sores and tenderness. Very dizzy when I blow my nose,strange growth in the upper right side of mouth,lips unshaped due to drop of gum. Chin very painful. Please advise.

Thank you.
Cheryl

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2011
Skin Cancer Answer A26789
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the changes in mole that you are having . As a thumb rule, any changes in the mole should be evaluated for a melanoma from a dermatologist. Melanoma has an irregular border, is asymmetrical,uneven color and increasing in size. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.