Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Mold Taste / Smell

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the last two weeks ive been smelling mould i know there is no mould in my home as my wife and other family members cannot smell it, i have also smelt mould while out and about. I can now taste mould in certain foods and liquids, like pasta and Appletizer drink help!!!!!! it only happens randomly i dont smell/taste it 100% of the time...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 21st, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Donny, do you have sinus problems? Smelling mold or smoke where there is none can be because of sinus problems. I had that problem for many years. Somewhere here there is a thread with many many sinus sufferers experiencing the same symptoms.
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: Bornfreedonny 

replied April 21st, 2010
hi susan i have had no experience of sinus problems... Getting annoying now when im trying to eat my favourite foods and drinks...
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2011
Have you recently ingested any zinc cold remedies? These products can cause olfactory nerve damage which results in odd smells/tastes and even a complete loss thereof. I have olfactory nerve damage from a zinc cold remedy (cough lozenges) and I smell sulphur or burnt hair all the time. When the damage first occured I smelled ammonia very strongly.
|
Tags: smell
Quick Reply