Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

3 mm nodule in right lower lobe of lung

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
3 mm nodule in right lower lobe of lung
Back in 2009, I was diagnosed with tongue cancer. Surgery was done to remove the cancerous tumor. The following year, the cancer had spread to a lymph node in my neck. A left neck radical dissection was performed to remove the cancer along with a harvest of lymph nodes. My doctor is constantly monitoring my status. My last CT scan displayed a 3mm nodule in the right lower lobe of the lung. The report stated a stable benign lung nodule with no signs of metastatic disease in the chest. With my history, should I be concerned (My next CT scan is in 6 months)?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2011
I have already answered this question.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.