Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Mixed feeling about my boyfriend

Ok. I love my boyfriend to death, I really do.... But lately i have been having mixed feelings about him. Like for example, yesterday he got on my nerves so bad and we couldnt get along at all. We both went to bed in bad moods and it just wasnt cool at all. Then today, we had a great day. Seriously, one day i feel like i can't take him anymore and the next i feel like i cant live without him....

Please someone help me.... Is this normal? has anyone been like this before? what did you do about it? What should I do about it?

This is driving my crazy, any advice will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
No, not normal. Most people have very consistent feelings for their partner. That's not to say that your hot and cold feelings are unhealthy or a bad sign for the relationship. It's important that you keep a sense of weather your relationship is giving you what you need and if you're happy.
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2009
Supporter
i think it can be normal especailly if yall live together. i am deeply in love with my b/f and once in a blue moon he gets on my nerves.
i now know when he is in a bad mood and is easily irritated, i wouldnt dont bother him.

figure out why he gets on your nerves, for example do yall disagree with something or is he in a bad mood etc.
|

replied November 28th, 2009
The reason he gets on my nerves is because he acts so unmature sometimes and its like he wants to pick on me and play around with me and Im just a mature person but tha thing that starts to bother me is he'll do lil stupid stuff that hurts me. Like he'll pinch me or pluck my ankles or just plain stupid stuff out of nowhere. we can be setting there watchin a movie and he'll pluck my ankles or throw my legs of the sofa or pinch the top of my foot. I ask him to stop but he just keeps on until i get sick of it and end up going in the bedroom. Sometimes he just acts really childish and it gets to me. Another thing he always has to be right and we have total different apinions on everything and if i give my opinion about something im always wrong and he goes on and on about his opinions which is always right.. Idk maybe its just me.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
If these are the qualities that you want in him as a life partner, then ignore it....If you can't, then there is something wrong with the relationship...I loved my husband from the minute I laid eyes on him...Still do...Sure every once in a while we will mess around and bug each other, but this is for fun...Kind of a hot foreplay of our yesterdays and the things that make our marriage so precious and alive....What you speak about raises a caution flag....You see, what you see is what you will get....I liked what I saw and that is what I got....Honey, good luck...Don't sell yourself short....Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
Supporter
i read your profile and your other posts and i have to agree with the above poster.

my monster ex of five years used to do those silly things to me when he was bored. i knew he was immature and i was so in love with him so i was hoping that he would grow up. in five years he grew as much as a snail would crawl. what a waste of time!!!!!

i hope you dont get upset when i say i am very concerned with your on and off history with this guy.
the best thing i can say is to talk to him about what bothers you.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
Thanks to both of you. Like i said, i do love him with all my heart, but i really think we got some problems going on right now. Im not sure what the problem is but im trying to figure it out. When i left for work Saturday morning i didnt see him anymore til when i just got home because after work last night i stayed with my mother because shes going threw a rough time and she needed me. He was ok with this. Well i got home tonight about 12am, he's playing the ps3, i kiss him and go take a shower like every night. I get out he's still on the game, i go lay on his back and hold him and he completly ignores me. He has nothing to say, so i get up and go in the bedroom. A few minutes later he comes and gets in bed completly on the other side, which is not usual for him. He dosnt try to hold me or nothing like he usually does, until i say something to him about it. I ask whats wrong, he says nothing, but i can tell by his voice somethings on his mind. He really had nothing to say to me after we have not seen each other or talked to each other for almost two days. He fell asleep so i got up. When he was talking to me when i first came in he had a terriable attitude and tone. I dont know, im starting to get to the point were i don't know what to say or think. Im starting to get depressed or overlly stressed about it. I want to talk to him about it, but lately he's hard to talk to. I know if were going to make it work, we have got to talk and work things out. Another thing thats been bothering me i caught him materbating the other night... Im just about to post a topic on it so check it out.

Guys i really need help with this......
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2009
Supporter
something is bothering him, and most men dont communicate they just deal with it. he might be mad because you havnt spent time with him and make him feel like a king.
whatever it is you have to talk to him to see if yall can deal with whatever the problem is.
|