Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Missed 2 periods - negative pregnancy tests (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm a healthy 24 year old who is about to lose her mind. My last period was December 26, so I've officially missed 2 periods. I've taken a few pregnancy tests (most recent one last week) which all came back negative. I'm hungry all the time, my boobs are bigger, I get headaches more frequently than before and I gained a couple pounds around my midsection which is not normal for me. I work out 5 days a week and my pants are still tight! (LOL) I've not had any major weight loss/gain or been under any stress. My husband and I just started trying to conceive our first child, so it would be awesome if I was indeed pregnant, but at this point I just want to have a period and get on with my life. I haven't been able to get into the doctor yet and it's driving me nuts. I have a history of fairly regular cycles, so what the heck could be wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ejsttc
|

replied July 17th, 2009
Listen to me....I can understand you situation SO DAMN WELL!!!! i have been thru this...I kept on saying i should get my periods coz it was driving me crazy. I kept on getting negative pregnancy test result and no periods!

listen to me carefully.....you have to stop thinking once and for all that you are pregnant....OR that u want your periods to come...i know its difficult to divert ur mind off this but you have to stop thinking about it....this is one thing. The other thing is that FORUMS LIKE THESE WILL CONFUSE THE HECK OUTTA YOU! Dont read them or dont write to them. There are simple solutions to these problems...you can go to your doctor and tell her you arent getting your periods and your cycle was normal before. Talk about your periods coz u have problems with your periods not pregnancy. You cant be pregnant if you didnt get a positive sign even after two months. So, go to your doc and talk about ur periods to have full check-up!
And i pray that ur periods come back to normal, coz i know how it feels and how frustrating it is!
*kisses*
|

replied August 7th, 2009
sorry maryjen but that is utter nonesense my best friend missed 2 periods took test all negative then when she was 3 months she collapsed and was took to hospital all blood and urines done not pregnant.when she was 6 months gone she could feel something moving inside her went to drs and did bloods again not pregnant she kicked off that bad they sent her for ultrasound and there she was 6 and a half months pregnant with little girl so sometimes things like this do happen x
|
Users who thank ashking2009 for this post: Mrz_Hooper14 

replied June 28th, 2011
Whith my first child I had most of the pg sypmtoms and for 4 1/2 monts both DR's and HPT's came up negative. I had seen a DR at 4 1/2 months that gave me a blood test and that is how I found out. A week later an Ultrasound confirmed it.
|

replied June 28th, 2011
Whith my first child I had most of the pg sypmtoms and for 4 1/2 monts both DR's and HPT's came up negative. I had seen a DR at 4 1/2 months that gave me a blood test and that is how I found out. A week later an Ultrasound confirmed it.
|

replied August 21st, 2009
the_escapist how did your situation turn out? I am in the same boat now and no one ever posts what happened. Thanks in advance, i am going nuts.
|

replied August 29th, 2009
2 missed periods and 2 negative urine tests
im going thru the same thing right now, two missed periods,2 negative urine tests, and my belly is starting to swell.....no doc will do the blood test b/c dey say my urine tests were negative. im gonna make another appt and spazz out 2 get an ultrasound and see where that takes me thanks ladies!!
|

replied June 28th, 2013
Hi, I am going through the same thing. I am sure my boyfriend thinks Im crazy! I have not had a period in over 2 months. Negative home pregnacy tests and have been to the office to see my doctor with a negative pregnacy test. I ended up looking up a planned parenthood in my neighbor hood and convinced them to take my blood to check for pregnancy. I will not find out until Monday. Although the doctor did say that if my urine is negative more likely my blood Hcg will be negative as well. I know my body and something is not right. My mid section is round, I have gained 5lbs. My appetite is huge, I eat all day! I get nauseated often. I am tired all the time. And just get these little flutters in my stomach I cant make out what that is about seeing I would not be that far along. Its very frustrating trying to explain to anyone. Like I said Im sure my boyfriend think I am going nuts but I know my body! So we will see what the blood test say this upcoming week. I will keep you posted. If not I will be trying to get an ultrasound as well
|

replied September 3rd, 2009
2 Missed Periods, 5 Negative home tests, 2 negative blood tests
Wow I thought my dr. was cheap! I haven't had a period since June 24 and 5 negative home pregnancy tests. My dr. did a blood test Aug. 31 and still negative. Today she ordered more tests (thyroid, glucose, hormones,etc) but after I asked her for an ultrasound or pelvic exam she just offered another blood and urine test- both negative. I've had low grade fevers, frequent urination, naseau, heart burn, enough gas to fill up a Macy's parade balloon, and bloating. Plus weird "cravings" and constant hunger!! Chat rooms like this make me doubt these so called pregnancy tests and wonder if I'm just crazy and these symptoms are in my head OR are the tests wrong and I'm pregnant??
|

replied September 7th, 2009
hi Frustrated_confused...
I have like identical symptoms as you! I have Googled everything & read soooo many things lately on the net & im going crazy lol.I just did my 3rd HPT about half an hour ago coz i just wanted to do one more before my Dr app tomorrow.I am sick of not knowing what is going on with my body.I have PCOS & have had regular & sometimes irregular periods,usually about a 40day cycle...my LMP was 18th June and had unproteced sex about 2-3 days after,right about the time i usually ovulate ( i think) lol...anyway...i have had just about EVERY SINGLE pregnancy symptom but have had 3 neg HPT...FRUSTRATING! With my 6yo daughter,i had NO symptoms,i only knew i was pg because i had very regular periods & missed one & i was also gaining weight,so yeah,knew i was PG...i listed alllll my symptoms on a Forum elsewhere & someone replied saying it sounds like i am insulin resistant or may have a thyroid problem...the symptoms are similar but i have sooo many more pg symptoms then thyroid symptoms.I instantly felt upset & it just added to more worries as to what could be wrong with me.
Oh and a few things to clear up for people that are so fast to shoot down peoples symptoms...1. Miscarriage doesnt always have to start with severe pain & bleeding.I know this coz i had a m/c in 2007 & had absolutely no symptoms at all which is why they left me in the Emergency waiting room for 7 hours coz they were in no rush to see me...2.I was pg at 19 (had an abortion) and i had severe morning sickness,headaches,went of food completely etc etc...and i didnt terminate until very late (i was young & stupid i know)...and i never had a positive HPT...every pregnancy is different and never 'text book'...go with your body i say...i will reply back here tomorrow after dr app coz i find that noone ever reports back to give us hope Smile
|

replied September 13th, 2009
missed 2 periods...should start this week. ALL NEGATIVE
I am in the same boat... I started the pill 4 months ago and havent had a period for the last 3 months. I talked to my doctor about this and she said it was normal when you first start the pill to not be regular...
Im not even spotting. My husband is going crazy because im a basket case! My hormones are going crazy. I took 3 preg tests and all are NEGATIVE. I am supposed to start this week... AGAIN. and if nothing comes my doctor told me to schedule another appointment. I am very hungry... having very random bowel movements... bloated... gassy... sore brests...
This better be PMS!

i keep reading these posts and i know i shouldnt because its making me paranoid. Im married, but we are not expecting a child at this point in life. Although- I do get little dissapointed everytime i see that Neg sign.
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
i have done 2 home pregnancy tests.. both came back negative. my period is 20 days late where i am usually as regular as clock work. i feel sick whenever i apply any pressure on my tummy. i feel pregnant but results say no. i got the best digital pregnancy tests going but still negative. this is soooooooooooooooooo frustrating!
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
i forgot to add i have previously been pregnant and felt then as i am feeling now but the results say no and it is very confusing. i will wait a few more days and try testing first thing in the morning.. let's see how that goes..good luck everyone! Smile
|

replied October 15th, 2009
I am in the same boat! I am currently breastfeeding my daughter and have had three normal periods. This month though my period did not come. I am 2 1/2 weeks late and have taken 2 HPT, both being negative. My milk supply is diminishing, my back hurts, I have terrible headaches, and nausea if I stay up too late (just as I did with my daughter). I really wish I could figure this thing out b/c it's driving me nuts! I can't sleep at night!
|

replied October 17th, 2009
I have been experiencing similar things. I am 21 years old, and now exactly one month late for my period. ( i posted my own question but nobody seems to care to answer or help!!)
I have many symptoms and they are increasing by the minute. It didn't start until about a week after i missed my period. Nausea, Gas, Bloat, Headaches, Cramps, Weight Gain, lots of watery vaginal discharge - even vaginal flatulence (sorry tmi), very moody and emotional, eating like a PIG, yet have so many waves of nausea... I'm exhausted, my skin is horrific (I've always had good skin) and the list goes on.... YET I've had about 4 negative tests spanned over the entire month.

About 2-3 months ago I stopped taking my birth control pills (Alesse). I wonder if these could all be side effects of that... PLEASE help me - i need some promising stories! I really want to be pregnant! All i want is a positive result!! thanks
|

replied October 20th, 2009
???? please....
|

replied October 21st, 2009
I need help. Last week i had a UTI i went to the clinic and i decided to get a pregnancy test because i noticed i was a little late on my period and it came out negative. I have never been late on my period and now its going on 11 days that i have been late. I have had all the symptoms of feeling like im about to get my period...cramps, bloating, fatigue, etc. but no period? I took a home pregnancy test about a half hour ago and it came out negative. What's wrong with me? Could the tests be wrong and maybe i am pregnant?
|

replied November 17th, 2009
pregnant or not 3 negative tests 2 missed periods
im the same so far 1 missed period first one in 8 years that ive missed. and then 3 negative pregnancy tests. I feel pregnant i have put on half a stone in 3 weeks very unusral for me and im having strange cravings for cheese and my lower tummy is hard and i have a very small hard pawnch i can feel weird gurgles all the time and i have been tired bloated and farting for 4 weeks non stop ahhh help now im just sat waiting for my nexy period to no what the hells going on. help help help!
|

replied August 24th, 2012
ihad same experience.2 missed periods negatv pt result.hopeful to get pregnant after 9 long years of marriage
|

replied August 24th, 2012
ihad same experience.2 missed periods negatv pt result.hopeful to get pregnant after 9 long years of marriage
|

replied November 30th, 2009
bebehopeful - have you found out anything??

I am curious because I am sort of in the same situation... went off the pill in early August, had a period late August, had another period 35 days later (sept 21) and have not had one since. I am super bloated, pimples all over (not typical) that started in October, oily hair (way abnormal), sore nipples, but not tender breasts... 4 negative hpt and 1 negative blood test... what is going on??

We are not trying to have a baby, but the pill was messing with me emotionally so we decided use other, not so reliable, forms of bc.
|

replied December 1st, 2009
hi bebehopeful the symptoms you are saying looks like you are pregnant i am not sure though. did you consulted the doctor yet. if not do it immediately so that you will be relieved of your dilemma.
|

replied December 8th, 2009
I haven't had my period in 3 months ,, I am not freaking out like you guys!! Geeezze don't you wacko's know that if you dwell on it too long your mind will cause your body to start creating the symptoms of being pregnant, Just go to the dr's and get a test!! then go from there!!! quit freaking out,,
|

replied December 8th, 2009
Hey peeps, since we are all sharing our experiences, I thought I'd add mine.

I was 2 weeks late, I felt nauseous, I had gone off my food and was having strange cravings for crumpets (of all things!!). The waves of sickness kept coming, particularly late at night or early morning. I did 2 hpt- both of which came back negative. After the second negative test, I kind of accepted the result, and within 2 days, my period came. I think my mind was helping my body to play tricks on me. As soon as I considered the fact I could be pregnant, I started to feel like I was.

Although we arent quite ready for kids ( just married) we were both a little disappointed, but not enough to start trying. All I can say is if you are seriously worried, go see your doctor and force them to give u all the tests possible to determine this. I drove myself crazy for just a week- not near as long as some of you people are having to wait!
|

replied May 5th, 2010
2 missed periods, negative pregnancy tests
I get my period every 28 days on the regular...I haven''t a had a period since march 7, but i took 5 hpt, they were negative and a blood test, that was negative too! i called my dr and she prescribed me provera to bring on my period,but i decided not to take it and just let mother nature take it''s course!!!
|

replied May 13th, 2012
2 missed periods after 1 normal one, 6 months after baby no1
ok so heres the situation... I have a 6 month old son, he was born in november 2011. Due to him not feeding well I had to stop breastfeeding when he was 9 weeks old. When he was 4 months old I had my 1st period since I got pregnant with him... normal, 4-5 days no real pain or heavy bleeding which i was chuffed with. Since march I have not had a period - its now may and Ive missed 2!!!! I know you can be irregular after giving birth, but seeing as ive had 1 already i didnt expect to go 2 months without one at all!?! I went through a couple of days of being sick, at the beginning of april, had headaches cramping and now i can even feel fluttering like the very early kind when pregnant! Ive taken 3 tests they all are negative... but then again I took 3 last time and the 4th said positive thus the gorgeous little lad i have now... the drs were so vile to me the first time round even when i had a threatened misscarrage now im worried about going again, I know theyll just say "Its your hormones settling down" and maybe it is, but im getting paronoid baby no 2 is in there! Help...
|

replied May 24th, 2012
Hello Charlie238
You and I have a similar time frame . On Oct 2011 I had my son stillborn at 22 weeks. Nov-Feb I had normal periods (3 days long) that's normal for me. Mar comes around and my period was 1 1/2 days long. Apr no period and now May no period. I have been tired, moody, sore breasts, finicky eating, heartburn like there's no tomorrow. All the same from first pregnancy but no daily morning sickness, now I have been sick a few times. I have taken 3 hpt all neg. I just got back from my Women's wellness center, and my AP gave me a urine test also neg. She also took a bunch of blood,for pregnancy, thyroid, hormones and I think 5 other things. I find out this coming week the results.
My Husband and I are hoping that I am pregnant. We have been trying for a another. If I do become pregnant I do believe that it will be the happiest and scariest thing. Losing a child Is the hardest and most devastating thing we have ever been though. So if we find out we are there will always be that fear that we may lose another. They were never able to figure out why I just went into labor at 22 weeks.
This 2 months late could be many different things. I hope to find out early next week. Also do you just go to a normal OBGYN if so that could be part of why they where so vile the first time around. I have gone to a few OBGYNs and most just think about the money. I have come to love the wellness center that I go to, the midwives, the PAs and the OD on staff. Maybe you can look around where you are and fine something You'll love it!! Keep us posted and I will do the same..
|