Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Missed period on birth control (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hey, I'm really scared............... Shocked I have been on both control for over 4 years and during this time my period has ALWAYS started on a Thursday or Friday. I faithfully take the Pill every night and I can't remember the last time I missed a day.
I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and we always make sure that we do not have sex on the week that I'm on sugar pills just to be safe.
This week I missed my period on Thursday AND Friday and it's Saturday and I still haven't started yet. The Pill cycle starts again on Tuesday and I'm afraid that I might be pregnant??? I realize that it's only been a couple days but I'm sooooo used to starting my period on Thursday/Friday and I thought I knew my body.
If anyone has ANY insight, I would be extremely thankful.
Thank you!
Saj
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JMainer_02
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Try taking a test. EPT boasts it can detect a pregnancy the DAY you miss your period. So, get a couple tests. Test immediately, and then a couple days later...test again.

I can't give you any sort of explanation...but, we need to figure out what your status is before we figure out what to do next.

Let us know about the results!
|

replied August 30th, 2008
Thank you, I'll do that. I'm just scared because I'm really not ready for a baby.
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2008
Same happened to me this past cycle ... I have been on Alesse since February. I waited out the week that I was suppose to get my period and then took a pregnancy test. It was negative but I still went to the doctor and she recommended I do a blood test which would be more accurate. I did and it happens I have a hormonal imbalance. She suggested a set of pills that I could take, but while on those pills there would be a greater chance of getting pregnant, which I'm not planning on anytime soon. However, if anyone knows of other options, please let me know! I don't want to be doing blood work every month Sad
|

replied January 12th, 2009
hi! so i started yaz in september and i was on it for 3 months. im a very forgetful person, so i would often forget to take the pill every day or i would take it at a different time of day. when i would forget for a couple of days in a row, i would start my period even though it was not the right time.

because of my inconsistancy, i had my period 5 times in those 3 months. it was nearing the end of the school semester so i decided that when i got home, i was gona switch to a different for of birth control that was not and every day sort of thing.

so, when i got my last period in the first week of december, i decided to stop taking the pills after i got it. around a week after i had my last period, i had protected sex with my boyfriend.

when i got home, i got a perscription for a different birth control and i was waiting to get my next period so i could start it....and im still waiting. ive felt like i was gona get my period a couple times over winter break, but now its been a little over a month since my last period and i still havent gotten my next one.

im worried that even though i had protected sex using a condom, something malfunctioned without my knowledge and since my birth control is out of wack, im scared that im pregnant. is that possible? if so, it would be like 3 weeks into the pregnancy and wouldnt i show some sort of signs if i were actually pregnant?? im rle scared and worried....
|

replied March 18th, 2012
missing period on birth control
I'm on TEVA and I'm going through that right now. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and they both said negative. I've been on birth control for 3 years so what would be wrong with me????
|

replied June 30th, 2009
I'm actually having the same problem. I had been taking Yaz for almost three years and I had to switch to a cheaper one. I switched to the generic brand of Lo-Estrin and my periods were never regular but I still got them. I have been on this birth control for almost a year now and about three months ago my periods stopped. I have taken a LOT of tests and they all say negative, I don't feel like I'm pregnant, and I'm not showing either. I have a doctor's appointment at the end of this month to figure out what is going on.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Miss my periods very often
I am on pills and miss my periods very often.. Is it normal or should i worry? thanks
|

replied November 13th, 2009
Switching Birth Controls
I also switched from Yaz to Lo-Estrin. It's been two months and I haven't gotten my period. The first month I didn't get it I wasn't worried because I didn't have sex, but now I have. I don't know if I should be worried or not. I mean I've been on birth control for 5 years non-stop. I should be okay right?
|

replied March 29th, 2010
HELP
I've been on my pills for 5 years now, and ive never missed a pill. But when before my boyfriend came down from work, i missed a week worth, and at the end of the week i took them all at once at the same time. And now today im a week late, i was supposed to have then last wednesday, and i still dont have them yet... me and my boyfriend are sexually active, and the condom did not break, we made sure to be carefull... HELP ME Sad
|

replied November 16th, 2012
This is probably because u took so many at once. If u miss a whole week u should really start over, dont try and play catch up.
|

replied April 7th, 2010
Pills
Try never to take that many pills at once!!!!!! It increases your risk of getting a blood clot and it will throw your hormones seriously off wack. Also they say if you miss a pill your chances of getting pregnant for the NEXT TWO WEEKS is increased. so get a pregnancy test and no matter what you should probably see a doctor just to make sure you are ol after taking that many pills at once.
|

replied September 25th, 2010
help !
Hey i was on yaz for about 6 months but i switched to micronor since yaz gave me migranes. micronor has no estrogen in it because apparently thats what was giving me migranes and is only 97% effective. anyway, ive been on micronor for about 7 month and ive ALWAYS gotten my period on the second day of the new month but now im on the fifth day and i still havent gotten it. about 3 weeks ago i had sex and the guy didnt pull out. soo im pretty worried, how log should i wait to take a test ?
|

replied April 14th, 2011
so im on yaz and me and the guy i have sex with dont use condoms. ive been on yaz for about 8 months and nothings ever went wrong on it. now my period was supposed to be here on sunday, my period comes every sunday of the second week of the month. its now thursday and no period. what do i do ?
|

replied May 18th, 2011
I'm really scared!!!
I usually always get my get cramps the week before and of my period. About 2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I got no cramps last week and non this week. I take my pill everyday and I haven't gotten a period and I have 3 days left of the sugar pills...
|

replied May 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I'm on Microgynon 30 and have been regular with that since I started taking it 2 years ago.

However since November / December time my withdrawal bleeds have been somewhat altered. Shorter 1-3 days (4-5 normally) Lighter (Dark Brown, pink or Light red)in colour.

We're now in May and I'm due on today without any sign of it. For the laast few days I've been spotting (brown colour) help
|

replied June 8th, 2011
missed period on pill
i missed my period because i took my new set of birth control without starting my period first, my doctor said everything will go back to normal, just putting me on a different schedule. everything will be fine ladies, go with your gut feeling but always use protection. Smile
|

replied July 10th, 2011
Birth Control
I just switched to a stronger birth control sometime last month. I'm still on the first pack of the new birth control and I still haven't gotten my period. I remember when I first started taking birth control my period was extremely irregular. So is it possible that the only reason I haven't started yet is because my body is still trying to get used to the new pills?
|

replied July 11th, 2011
BC
my girlfriend is on the pill, never had a scare until these past couple of days. we always have unprotected sex, but i never finish inside of her. She had cramps 3 days ago but is now 3 days late. She's taking a test in 2 days if she still doesn't get it. Any reassurance that she most likely is not prego?
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I posted earlier in the thread about my problem.

I went to my family doctor and she did an internal examination and I had pain over my right ovary so she sent me to the hospial for an ultrasound.

I had my ultrasound yesterday afternoon and the sonographer said that everything looked fine and normal for someone of my age.

My doctor when I spoke to her about it said that some bcp's over time stop you having your bleeds each month. This is because the lining doesn't get thick enough to shed or something like that.

This could be the case for a lot of you. Speak to your family planning clinic or family doctor.

It's unlikely to be pregnancy if you're on the pill and take it properly. If you miss 2 periods in a row then it's advised to see your doctor as you might be pregnant.

Hope this helps some of you.

Amy
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Missed period
I tool 5birth control r once bc I missed days will that affect my period??
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Missed period
I tool 5birth control r once bc I missed days will that affect my period??
|