Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Missed period after losing my virginity

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I lost my virginity on March 14 with condom, however, I did have unprotected sex after that 3 times but my boyfriend would withdraw. My last period was from February 22-27, my period is not so regular I could say but I have been "having symptoms". My breasts are extremely tender, I have been really emotional and tired for the past week, my stomach has been getting bloated, I've started to eat twice as much as I used to, and I've become lightheaded here and there. I am now 9 days late and I have taken two pregnancy home tests and both of them were negative but I still haven't gotten my period. I am not sure if there is a chance that I may be pregnant or if my period is just delayed because it was my first time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2017
Hello,
As the pregnancy testing are negative, the chance of getting pregnant is almost nil.Now, as you presume, the delay can be due to the stress,anxiety or tension acquired due to the loss of virginity.However, I suggest you to repeat the test after 7 days if you donot get it.But,as I can see,it will be also negative.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.