Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

missed my period and am now spotting a light brown?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I missed my period last month and am now spotting a light brown color. I've been eating a lot and have been having very random cravings. I've also been peeing a lot, but that mostly happens all the time due to me having a weak bladder. My fiancee and i have been trying to get pregnant. Could anyone help ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Why do you not take a pregnancy test?

Best of luck TTC!
|

User Profile
most likely you are pregnant though it is hard to tell at first but a trick to it after a while the bottom of your stomache begins to get hard. It takes as little as a month for it to harden and when you lay on your back it will feel like you are stretchn a muscle which feels like a weak cramp and pressure it doesnt hurt but feels weird. Another way to tell is by monitioring your sleep either you are going to sleep way longer and more than you used to or way less. And you can also tell by looking at ur breast and feeling them if they feel a little sore/tender and your nipples are larger are darker than there is a great chance that you are. Just tak a pregnancy test and u should be taking prental vitamins right now so if you are pregnant u have a great start early and even if you are not pregnant still get them because it makes ur body stronger so u can endure a healthy pregnancy. So take them before during and after pregnancy. Hope i helped.
|

To Kristigraham, i dont have the money to get preg tests. i'm only 17 and live with my mom still. my fiancee is 23 and she doesnt let me see him. I sneak over to his place after school. I will be turning 18 next month and i'm moving in with him. We've been trying for awhile now to get pregnant. I'm kinda young to be trying, but i'm very mature for my age and ready to be a mom.

To MzDimples1, thank you ! that did help. one more question. i started spotting yesterday morning, and it's been a light brown and then today a few hours ago it's kinda stopped but when i wipe there's a really light pink color. does that have any meaning ?
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Community Volunteer
You have to get a pregnancy test as soon as possible. It cannot wait for next month. Let your boyfriend buy one for you, or go to your local health clinic (or Planned Parenthood if you are in the US).

If neither of you can afford a pregnancy test, how will you afford a baby? Part of being mature is taking responsibility and planning for the future.
|

User Profile
the light brown could mean old blood or darker colored blood and the light pink color could be a lighter form of blood. Once the sperm enters you egg it is possible that you will spot occassionaly. You should be fine as long as you are not having any form of pains wether it is small pains that are bearable and especially not unbearable pain. If you are having pains at all you need to contact a teen clinic and get examined. But then there is a possible bad meaning. If you are spotting but not pregnant you could have a STI/STD but from what your symptons are you seem to be pregnant to me. You can actually go to a dollar store and buy a pregnancy test for a little under 5 dollars or the next time you wana sneak to your fiance's house have him to buy you one the day befor you get there so yall can take the test together.
|