Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Minor, sustained right abdominal pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Over the last 3 or 4 days I've had some very minor, but sustained "pain" in my mid to lower right side of the abdomen. I'm not entirely sure what it could be, I'm hoping its nothing serious but I would like a bit of insight. If I were to rank it on the pain scale I'd say its probably a 1-2, 3 at the absolute most, and it seems to come and go in severity, but its never been anything really painful, its more of just uncomfortable. I can still function with working at my computer and doing basic everyday tasks.

It seems to spread a fair amount from time to time, from the mid abdomen near the bottom of the rib cage, all the way down to the lower areas by the appendix. I just don't know if its indigestion, irritable bowel, or maybe something more serious. I would think if it were something like appendicitis though it would be a lot more painful (and increasingly so) and focused on the appendix area. I should note that I have recently lost my father to an issue involving the appendix so its possible stress or psychological conditions may have something to do with it too. I would just like some insight on what it could be at this point. I don't really have any other symptoms that I can think of. I haven't lost my appetite, I don't have a fever, I'm not nauseous. I could be a bit constipated I suppose, I usually go around once a day but I've only gone maybe once in the last 4 or 5 days so that might have something to do with it. Any insight is greatly appreciated, I'm a little paranoid.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Pain abdomen can be due to:
1)GERD or Reflux Oesophagitis -- It should be relieved by intake of antacids. I hope there is no pain or blood during stools. You should try to improve on your food habits, pick more greens, fibre and vegetables.
2)The symptoms you are complaining can be due to Gall bladder Stones or even inflammation called Cholelithiasis/ Cholecystitis.
3)Enlarged liver - It can be ruled out with Ultrasound of abdomen.
All these things can eb ruled out by USG scan.Kindly visit a Physician for examination and evaluation.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.