Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

minor blood in vomit and other gastronomy related ails

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I'm not sure where to begin, since I don't know whether the same problem has generated all of these conditions.

A few weeks ago I suffered from a very sudden and terrible loss of appetite. Despite suffering from fits of starvation, I could take no more than single bites before all desire for additional food would be lost; a few moments would pass and hunger would sink in once again, compelling me to take another bite--This cycle would continue for about an hour, at the end of which I would consume but a minor fraction of what I was once capable.

This issue had resolved recently, I no longer suffer from a loss of appetite nearly as profound. But I still am not able to eat nearly as much as I once could.

Today, I awoke and, as I often do, I ate the leftovers from dinner the previous night for breakfast (since I am not really very fond of the typical foods provided for breakfast), which in this instance was barbeque.

A few moments preceding my completion of the meal I felt an extremely sudden and inexplicable desire to regurgitate the food--And I did. Not only did I release the food, but a minor pool of bright red blood was also released.

I vomited blood--Bright red.

I should note, that I have not felt a single instance of pain during the past few weeks. No gastronomic challenges, outside of the lack of appetite, and the vomiting of the blood which occurred a few hours ago. Outside of these two, I feel extremely minor abdominal cramps which I had never previously experienced.
Did you find this post helpful?
|