Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Milky white vaginal dischage

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have a milky white vaginal discharge (like, A LOT of discharge) with little to no smell at all and a very mild itch on my vulva (no itch internally). I mean very mild itch, which instantly goes away with the tiniest amount of Vagisil. I've been on antibiotics for two weeks (Augmentin at 875 mg) and I'm still on it for another two, so I think my pH balance is potentially screwed up from that. I've had yeast infections while I've been on antibiotics before, but they usually have that trademark curdish discharge and a MUCH more intense itch, so I'm not really sure what's going on down there. From my knowledge, the symptoms don't seem to point to an STD, but I'm no expert. I'm just not used to this amount of discharge or any itch at all down there, so I'm a little freaked out. Thoughts???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2009
Experienced User
i just recently have been in the same situaution and its more then likely a very minor yeast infection. Just keep using vagisil and after taking a bath/shower lay on your bed with your legs open so the air can get to your vagina, i found that helped me. and maybe take a bath with some epsom salt & baking soda too.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2010
In alternative medicine, they use a triphala powder mixed water, to wash inside the vaginal as a douche, and they say it is safe and very helpful in such conditions to stop the yeast/fungal infection. Now see some local naturopaths and decide about it.
|