Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Mild, lower, left abdominal pain/cramping.

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
My husband and I are trying to conceive. I've been having pulling or cramping pain in my lower, left abdominal area. As low as my uterus. Is this normal? I think I usually experience this sort of pain when I'm ovulating but it's been going in for 5-6 days straight ....off and on.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Women have about five days during each cycle when they are fertile, the days before and up to ovulation. There are some common physical symptoms of ovulation including - increased body temperature, increased cervical mucus, change of position and firmness of cervix, abdominal cramps, increased libido and tenderness of breasts.

Hence your symptoms mentioned could most probably be due to ovulation, and there is no reason to be worried.

In case they appear to be immense and severe, taking adequate rest, application of heat bags or use of tylenol should be very helpful.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.