Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Mild head pain and pressure above ear

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had this pain/pressure-like feeling on the right side of my head above and around the ear. If I press on the area, sometimes it feels sore and if I keep pressing, then it will bother me all day, so I am trying not to do that. It's located exactly where your glasses come in contact with your head. I've had it for a couple of months off and on. Has anyone out there ever had this or can explain this to me? Obviously I am worried about it, otherwise I wouldn't be here looking for answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jgeno
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Supporter
hello i looked into this problem and its symptoms indicate migraine related.
temporal migraine causes a sharp stabbing pain from the temples to around the ear and is also associated with tmj which comes from the teeth bite..
if affecting your everyday life then i advise you see a doctor for evaluation as its very hard to give accuracy over internet..
ibuprofen is best cure till you can see a doctor.
|

replied August 13th, 2012
Right side head pain above ear
I have the same thing! It feels like if you have a bruise and press on it, that's the kind of pain I feel in the same exact spot. It just came out of no where, I wasn't injured or bumped that spot. Just wondering if anyone has anything new to add. Thanks!
|

replied February 9th, 2013
Pain (tenderness) on right side of head above ear
Jgeno, did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same symptoms. Please email me if you found what causes it & a treatment. Thank you.
|