Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Mild case of bipolar ?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I started dating my boyfriend about 3 months ago. He had liked me for about 6 months before that and kept trying to get me to go out with him and i finally did. He was so perfect... so sweet... anything i wanted to do he made happen... About a month ago he tells me that he's bipolar. Then i started noticing changes. Sometimes he'll just be plain COLD towards me. He owns his own business and started working all the time... not making much time for me and ignoring me when i'd get upset about it. Then he started taking trips and when he came back he was too busy and too tired to spend any time with me... to just decide to go on another trip 4 days after he gets back. He's obviously going through an episode right now and i guess him leaving town is his way of dealing. He also makes me feel like i'm just crazy for being worried about how he acts.. he refuses to talk abaout his feelinsg or mine whatsoever. I beg him and cry and say PLEASE just tell me why you are acting like this and he just won't do it. Last night i had a panic attack at his house.. he fell asleep in the middle of me having it. sweet huh? Last night i pressed him to talk to me and today he decides to skip town. I just don't understand.. should i give it up? He's not taking any medication for it as far as i know but he told me it was a MILD case. Is there even such a thing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2010
Experienced User
that sounds like my situation right now. the guy i like knows i like him and he tells people that he likes me but if i bring it up he gets cold and avoids me. like today for example. i was watching him bowl. he's in a league and when i leave i walk with him thinking its ok since when i asked him if he wanted me to watch him he said sure. anyway afterwards, i walk with him out the door and then out of no where another guy he knew and i knew comes up and they walk away and i walk with them and say i will walk with you guys to my bus stop since i catch the bus. and i catch a different stop than him. and he says to the other guy lets cut thro the bushes, so i just walked away and was upset and i am still very upset because i have loved him years even when i couldnt be friends with him because of his moods.i dont think he is on his meds, because he had really bad b.o. and he was acting like he wasnt on them. because the guy i know wouldnt act that hurtful.
|

replied November 5th, 2010
I don't understand why they act like this myself. I mean he seriously kept trying to get me to date him. Then a month after I fall for him he starts acting like this. I'm thinking his disorder is more serious than he let on it was. I find myself upset all the time... and he acts like i'm the one with the problem. All I want to do is spend time with him. He's acting cold towards me now.. but when he gets back from his trip he'll be all happy and lovey again....I'm noticing a pattern. It's just so frustrating!
|