Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Mild atypia

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hello,
I am very concerned about one of my moles and have an appt with a dermatologist scheduled 3 weeks from now. It is long 3 weeks of waiting... So, I decided to post my question here and see wether I need to try to get an appt sooner.
A year ago I had a biopsy of 2 moles. One of them turned out to be severely atypical (and was completely removed) and the other one (on my back) was mildly atypical and the doctor said that it is safe to leave it untreated. On 6 months appt everything looked fine, but about a month ago I noticed that the mole changed. It is a little hard to see it (it's on my back), but it got lighter and smaller. Should I be terribly worried and this is something that needs to be shown to the doctor right away (in this case I will try to get an appt sooner that 3 weeks). I am driving myself nuts and loosing sleep over this story.
Thank you very much. I would appreciate your response.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2010
It is impossible for me to tell you, accurately, whether or not this mole is dysplastic, or has progressed to form a melanoma. Given your history, however, any moles that have changes in size or shape or color should be removed.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
Thanks you, Dr. Wascher, for your reply. I am seeing my dermatologist in a week...
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
Is it ok for someone with low Platlets (59,000) to take Fluorourcil cream 5% ?
|

replied August 8th, 2012
papillary cores
Respected sir My Mother Case History As Given Kindly Advice

Section reveals a cores of breast parenchyma showing intra ductal papillary neoplasm composed of
papillary cores.The cells show mild atypia. No necrosis or increased mitotic activity is seen.

SMA: Positive in myoepithelial cells

Imran From Pakistan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.