Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Migraines and neuralgia

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi I really need some answers to the following as I am very worried and anxious about my current health! I am a 35 year old mother of 2 who suffers terribly with severe migraine and now constant neuralgia in back arms and leg along with severe exhaustion and my quality of life is significantly reduced. Rolling Eyes My mother has been treated successfully for both anyeurism and a menigonoma and is now very well. I went for an MRI 3 years ago as I temporarily lost the power In my left arm and leg and had increased muscle tone. The MRI showed up two tiny areas of high frequency in the frontal lobe. The neurologist said that they were insignificant and I was released from hospital on recovery. I have suffered on and off with progressively worsening migraines since and accompanying neuralgia the past few months. Last week I went for another MRI and the results were as follows: focus of high signal intensity noted in the left frontal lobe white matter is visable on the T2 and FLAIR sequences. This measures 3.9 x 3.8 mm. Findings may represent a prominent perivascular space.

This result is being forwarded to my mothers neuro surgeon for further investigatio due to family and personal history. What will be involved in follow up and what is the likely prognosis and treatment?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2009
There is not a way for me to answer you without seeing the MRI and your full record.
You must stay with your current treating doctors. A second opinion would be in order AFTER their diagnosis if you so desire

Specializing in facial injuries and pain, corrective jaw surgery, wisdom tooth removal, dental implants, bone grafting, and TMJ
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.