Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Migraine headache behind right eye.

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I am 49 years old. I am expierencing SEVERE headaches behind my right eye with nausea and light sensitivity. These headaches are infrequent and as far as I can tell have no discernable pattern or triggers. They occur every two weeks or so. I am a farmer and work everyday. I have animals to care for. What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jeff_shadylane
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2011
Experienced User
I suggest you see an allergy doctor to check and see if you are allergic to environmentals / animal dandger and such. I have a pollen allergy and had severe headaches that almost sent me to the emergency room. I now take Zyrtec-D (Cetirizine, Pseudoephedrine). It was the only releif I could get. If I dont take it, my head including my ears and face would hurt. Depending on what state you live in, you should be able to purchase this over the counter. Just make sure you get the decongestant one with the above ingrediants. Read the back of the box to make sure you don't have the medical conditions that it advices you not to it. Would see a doctor first but if you see an allergy doctor, dont take any anti-histamines a few days before going since it will interfere with testing. Good luck!
|

replied June 18th, 2011
hi, could you help me, i have been experiencing a constant headache around the front of my head and pressure behind the ears and eyebrows, i also feel dizzy when i wake up or get up after sitting down for a while. What could this be??
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2011
Experienced User
AJS93

Same as the above issue with the allergy. Mine was a Pollen / ragweed allergy and I had all the the symptoms you are having. Read what I posted about what helped me...Zyrtec-D but if you have high blood pressure or diabeties, you may not be able to take that.
|