Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Migraine after Hysterectomy

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Iam 39yrs old and was having terrible problems with my periods and PMT.After several visits with my Gynocologist I was put on monthly injections to make my body think it was in the Menopause.I was also given HRT to help with the symptoms of the Menopause. After 1 month of being on both I had a terrible Migraine. I have suffered from Migraines since I was 9yrs old. It was December so I put it down to stress. However in January I had another two Migraines which caused me to have time of my work. This really upset me as part of the reason for starting this treatment was because of the amount of time I was having off my work. By February I had the worst Migraine I had had for along time, it was so bad I had to be seen by the Doctor on call through the night. My own Doctor came to see me the next day and advised me to stop the HRT. I have been off the HRT for about 3 weeks and iam feeling alot better and touch wood no Migraines. My problem is that this injection is only for 6 months which is up in April. Iam due back at Hospital in June after having a couple of periods to see how they are. The next step is either a full Hystorectomy or a partial Hystorectomy. I really have felt much better since not having the bad headaches a week before and during my periods, not to mention the flooding and the PMT. I would really like to know if having a Hystorectomy will cause me to have Migraines even if I don't take HRT. I thought this would solve all my problems and make me feel well and have abetter quality of life.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2009
migraine and hysterectomy
I had a full hyst and after 8 weeks had full blown migrain to were the imatrex didn even stop it seems to have made it worse I think it was from the hrt cause I didn start them until 6 weeks after surgeory prior to the surgeory i was getting them once a month since the doc tried me on the the mirena, I hadn had a migrain in 10 years prior to that. My thought is get rid of the hormones I am pretty sure that is what is causing the migraines pre and post hysterectomy
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Are you on hormones?
|