Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Might reconsider

Just remember all the choices we make in our lives will eventually catch up with us in one shape or another. I won't give a number. But let's just say, I finally had a child. I remairried in my 30s and we tried 2 failed IVFs to have a family. Now my only child has left at 18 (who I wanted so desparately, potentially born out of guilt and a need to replace), a drug addict, who hates me. She won't talk to me. I have no children now. No family to gather at the table for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have lots of regret. I will have no grandchildren or children to be by my side when I die. These thoughts don't accur to you when you are young and carefree. When you near the age of 50 - then you realize. There is a price for EVERYTHING, every choice you make. I hope this reaches someone who is considering and will reconsider.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 7th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Absolutely. So many children are born who end up being complete failures and disappointments, or who simply want nothing to do with their parents. The idea that having children will protect you from loneliness in old age is inane! Maybe if you have 10 or 12, then some of them will still be speaking to you.

Chances are you will be a failure as a parent, so don't regret having that abortion!
|

replied November 30th, 2011
So basically what I hear you both saying is because your eighteen year old won't speak to you, you're sorry you didn't abort. And oopoop is encouraging that??? I'm so sorry for you both. First of all, PLEASE don't give up on your eighteen year old. Just LOVE your child thru it. If you can't, cry out to Jesus and He will give you strength and love to get thru this. And for goodness sake, ABORTION is never the solution, sorry.. I'm so glad I wasn't aborted and was given the opportunity to be a mom....there's NOTHING like the LOVE, the BOND, the precious moments that make life great....Motherhood is sacred. Killing isn't. Forgiveness, grace, a new beginning. They are there for the asking.
|

replied December 8th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
I will be 50 in just over a year and I have zero regrets about aborting 23 years ago.
|

replied December 8th, 2011
So I'm really sad for you, and of course you know that. I'm curious does it ever cross your mind how old your child would have been had you not terminated it's life?
|

replied December 9th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Since I said I aborted 23 years ago, obviously I know how old it would have been. Sheesh.
|
Users who thank msrosie for this post: Moo 

replied December 9th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Does anyone wonder about all the babies they didn't have because they chose to use birth control and didn't conceive? Just think! There are dozens of babies you didn't have because you neglected to have sex during a fertile time! Think of all the sperm that have been wiped away and squirted into the air! Do men ever think of all the babies they didn't have? Millions upon millions!
|
Quick Reply