Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Middle/Lower Back Pain Linked to Simple Partial Seizure?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
CURRENT CONDITION: Shocking pain from or around the spine like lightning bolts usually moving downward and to the right, lasting an average of 2-3 seconds but can last 30 seconds. Pain causes inability to move during shock. It happens randomly at intervals of once every other month to over 9 times a day. I will not move until the after pain and weirdness in body stops after the shock, knowing it will happen again if I do, for at least 30 secs. Visited local doctor, who after short physical examination and blood work for vitamin deficiencies, gave me a referral to see a neurologist but informed me there was a good chance there was no answer for my condition; "Sometimes, this just happens - we don't know why." I did not visit neurologist due to lack of funds and previous explanation that there was probably no answer. Now, 5 months later, I experienced today something like a simple partial seizure in which I was aware of my surroundings, but my eyes and eyelids were jerking around for more than 10 seconds and my body became tense. Afterward I was fine, save a newly acquired headache. I've never experienced this seizure-like thing before.

What could the pain be? Could the pain and the seizure thing be related? Is there enough evidence here to suggest that seeing a neurologist would be fruitful? Or is there still a great possibility that there will be no answer to my condition?

Thank you for your time!
Did you find this post helpful?
|