Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Middle left back pain-What does renal pain feel like?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Hello!

I am 25-years old, female, relatively healthy.

I have been experiencing, since morning, an odd pain. It's like a stab, not really intense but annoying and it occurs under my ribcage in the middle and towards the left of my back. It's not constant, it comes and goes and each "attack" lasts about 30 seconds.

I called my doctor -i am on a short business trip- and he believes it is a compressed nerve or a muscle pain. I am worried it is my kidney or something.

What does renal pain feel like?

I note again: my pain comes and goes every hour or so, is clearly located and feels like a stab but not too intense. Each "attack" lasts some seconds.

It hasn't gone worse since morning but it hasn't stopped either.

I am not experiencing meither flank pain/abdominal pain nor burning urination. It's just this stab every now and then.

What could it be???

What should I do??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
hi, i have this exact same problem, did you find the cause/solution?
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Hello Nefeli and bhavna017. I had the same problem recent. I would say go to a Chiropractor if you can. I went to mine told him about the stabbing almost like a very "sharp" cramp as i would describe it. So he felt it and says "ah your rib is out of place" so give a chiropractor a shot.
|