Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Mid back pain from car seat

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I purchased a new car a few months ago and have been experiencing back problems from the driver's seat ever since. At first it just seemed like the lumbar section of the seat stuck out too far, so I took it to an upholstery shop to see what they could do. I had them flatten out the lumbar section and when that wasn't enough they added foam to the upper sections of the seat to get the back as flat as possible. So now, several hunderd dollars later, it is no better. I find myself constantly squirming around in the seat trying to get comfortable and even after a short drive I'm experiencing lower/mid back pain.

I'm 24 years old and have never had any back issues whatsoever. I can typically get comfortable just about anywhere, except of course my car. So, I'm hoping someone can recommend something, possibly a lumbar support, to remedy this. If I don't find a fix soon, I think the only solution may be to sell the car.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
rather than working with the back of the seat why not play with the seat itself. try putting towel in different places. try different tilts and different heights. i find its usually the flat part of the seat that causes the pain in the back....pete
|

replied February 17th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
rather than working with the back of the seat why not play with the seat itself. try putting towel in different places. try different tilts and different heights. i find its usually the flat part of the seat that causes the pain in the back....pete
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2010
Please also visit the HSE website in the uk. It has loads of good information
|