Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Mid back pain, dull ache

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I've been having pain since school started between my right shoulder blade and my pain.
It's okay in the morning and gets progressively worse as the day goes by.
Help?~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
katie_killjoy,

Is your backpack too heavy? If you did not carry the pack during the summer and did not do some athletic activities to keep your back muscles strong, now that you are back in school, you may be carrying more weight than you can handle.

Especially since it is okay in the morning, then gets worse as the day goes on. Also the number of books you have to carry around this year, may be more than you used to.

You can try carrying a couple of your books in your arms, rather than placing all of them in the pack. It will balance out the load, and take some of the weight off your back muscles. Also, if you don't have to carry a book, leave it in your locker. With some time, you will build up the muscles, just like an athlete getting into shape.

But, if the pain does not get better in a little while, or it gets worse, spreads to other areas, or you develop other symptoms, you may need to talk to the school nurse or your physician.

Good luck in school, have fun.
|
Did you find this post helpful?