Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

metallic taste in mouth

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I recently experienced a very strange sensation. I was seated quietly at my computer when I began to feel a little dizzy, having this sensation I looked away from the computer and the feeling went away. I then began to get up and I had a rush of a warm sensation engulf me, as I began to take steps forward my heart began to race, I later developed a metallic taste in my mouth, I can't think of anyway to describe it besides this. I truly thought I was going to die, it was such a frightening experience, it really shook me up. I am currently in the process of buying a new home, a new marriage 6 months, and we are expecting our first baby. I am wondering if this could all have been from stress, and anxiety. I am just curious and would like some feed back, Dr. please tell me what this could have been! Please Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2009
Did you have a feeling of deja vu?
|

replied December 24th, 2009
I had the exact thing happen to me it's a panic attack. I went to the doctor and was put on fluxotine. If it persists u should consult your doctor. The best thing is to remind yourself it's only a panic attack and try to calm down. I stopped playing games so much. Also no caffien or chocolate. Best wishes to u.
|

replied December 29th, 2009
i've recently experienced something similar to this. i was genuinely scared when it happened because i have never experienced it before. i had the same symptoms as you but i also had what i can only describe as a sensation of waves going through my body, which made me think i was going to collapse. did you feel this too?
The weird thing was, i wasn't feeling anxious when this happened, which made me doubt it was an anxiety attack.
|

replied July 7th, 2011
A metallic taste is often related to silver fillings which are mostly made out of mercury, I am presently recovering from a metallic taste, had to have my fillings changed. It was terrible.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I have had constant dizziness and metallic taste in my mouth for over three months now. i under went a tramatic experience (potential exposure to HIV/ STD); God forbid I was found negative, bu the whole time I thought I contracted HIV. This experience has caused this, according to my Dr. He put me on Celexa, but just made me dizzer so I've stopped it. Oh well....I just hope I can get me normal taste, and balance back some day.....

Does anyone know how long this type of reaction to stress lasts?
|