Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Metallic Odor vagina discharge and bleed/spot after sex.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
The past month or two, I've had UTI. I am also sexually active. Everything was kinda weird. Before period I didn't get my usual PMS symptoms. I usually get pain on my lower back. And then before and after I got my period.. I have this vagina discharge. And it feels like i'm leaking a little. And it smells metallic like. On top of that.. even before i got my period, i was also bleeding. I only bleed after sex, and when i pee, there's also blood. There was a 2% slight pain, but no burning or itching. And so i thought it was because i was getting my period soon. Then after my period cycle, i had sex and after sex i was bleeding again. this happened twice out of 2 times. I had to reduce because i wanted to be safe. So anways, I have this metallic odor discharge and i bleed/spot after sex. I also pee blood too.. I hate when things are not functioning!! I want to be healthy!!! Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe and vaginal bleeding during or after intercourse is not normal and could be suggestive of possibilities like vaginal infections, internal injury/trauma, cervical erosion or dysplastic changes, uterine fibroids, endometrial polyps, endometritis, ovarian cysts, hormonal derangements affecting the bleeding pattern, anemia, etc. It is difficult to comment on the cause for the abnormal vaginal bleeding that you describe without examining you. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the abnormal vaginal bleeding that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you to control it. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.