Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Menstrual cycle before fertilized egg implants ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I believe that I was pregnant or about to become pregnant. i have not had a positive PT but I have had every symptom except for the missed period because it was to early. But I felt in my heart that I was pregnant, and if so could my period come before the fertilized egg gets a chance to implant itself into my uterine wall?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Myssrenee, The short answer is no. Once you have your menstruation, there is nowhere for the egg to implant any more. Your hormone levels after menstruation is also such that implantation will be very unlikely. Every hormone, stage and action in your monthly cycle is geared towards ovulation and implantation. If one of the components are off or does not happen as it should, it will affect everything after that until your next period.

What you considered your period, might have been implantation bleeding if it were 3 to 6 days before your period is due and considerably lighter than a full on period.

The primary sign of early pregnancy is a missed period. The secondary signs are possible implantation bleeding (50% of women) and sore breasts (almost 100% of women). Other early pregnancy signs are most likely not pregnancy signs but hormonal imbalance or general health problems.

The other thing I have learned is never to argue with a woman's intuition. If you feel pregnant, there is a good chance that you might indeed be pregnant.

Best of luck!
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
Thank you for your response. Well I thought it was implantation bleeding because it was exactly a week prior to my menstrual cycle, but overnight it got heavier like it was a period, but I thought it could have been an early miscarriage because I had the same pregnancy symptoms I had before I had my first miscarrage last year. but this time it was no where near like the pain or bleeding that I had during the 1st miscarriage so at this point i was just associating it to be an early period. But my confussion is still that with the heavy bleeding and passing of clots, I still have every symptom of that I had before the bleeding. Si im not sure whats really going on, i guess the best thing to do is wait til the bleeding stops and take a test and if its negative, then I'll deem this episode as an early period.
|