Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Menstrual Bleeding For 6+ Weeks

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
After my miscarriage (I was 7weeks pregnant) I completed a full menstrual cycle which lasted 5 days. Then 2 days later and since then (aside from a day here or there) I've been bleeding. So for the past six weeks aside from a day here or there I've been on my period. I don't have health insurance but I did get birth control and I use it to regulate my cycles since I've always had irregular menstrual cycles. This is the first time that the birth control hasn't stopped the bleeding for me. I'm not quit sure how to handle this, the fatigue being lightheaded, dizzy spells, and simply not being able to focus is starting to wear me down. How much longer should I wait this out? I was told that it usually takes a few packs of birth control before it goes into affect. Should I just keep using the birth control for a couple months? I have been told by different doctors that my blood doesn't clot properly so this is sort of "normal" for me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|