Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

menstral bleeding after 40

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Mad doctor my periods were regular up till 10 years ago.i had a period in march then nothing till sept and it was a few times of spotting days a part. then on oct. 12 i started and didnt stop for 12 days.called doctor he had me go get a untral sound.waiting for test to come back.im 48 years old i just thought i was going thought premenause. a few years back i had a plup.could i have a plup again or is it just part of permenause?beth
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2008
Supporter
Factors that can disrupt normal menstruation include:

* Drastic weight reduction
* Eating disorders
* Stress

However, it sounds like your symptoms indicate peri-menopause to me. Please let us know what the u/s results show.
|
Did you find this post helpful?