Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Menopause at 34 ?

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
User Profile
A regular period for me is 4-5 days...first two days I can change a tampon twice only, the last 2-3 days once. Last February I went 2 days and spotted once on the 3rd, and a full day on the 4th. This month (March) my period was 2 days of normal and the 3rd and 4th day one spot of blood. In the last couple of months I've gained weight,(not eating differently than before), I've had cravings, and breast are tender to the touch. I can't get pregnant, because my husband had his "stuff" taken care of. I'll be 34 next month. Is it possible that I am going through menopause? I haven't taken a pregnancy test, because I don't think that I am. I just need to know if this is normal. Thanks for your help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2009
Menstruation Answer A6135

The symptoms you reported are not sufficient to be related with menopause. Considering your age, it is highly unlikely that you are going through menopause. More probable cause is hormonal fluctuation which is within normal variation limits. If the breast become too tender or you experience some prolonged and heavy menstrual bleeding you might want to visit your gynecologist for further tests.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.