Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Menopause and back pain

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
User Profile
being a chronic pain sufferer i wonder what problems the menopause will cause.
the medication of morphine has enough side affects and i hear the menopause brings its problems.
can anyone recommend tips as i am going to start h.r.t this weekend.
this is a massive change so i want to be prepared to see it through with a positive mind and very few set backs if possible
thankyou ioka.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

replied May 7th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi ioka and welcome to ehealth...I believe that by entering this time in your life with a positive attitude, that you have won half of your battle...I sailed through it...After my completely Hysterectomy, at age 47, they put me on Premarin...There I stayed until four years ago this July, when I went to the Estring Vaginal Disc which gives me Estroil daily and feeds my vagina...This is all I use...This is my tip on HRT...I was also told four years ago that I could have been taken off of Premarin much earlier... Rolling Eyes

Now seeing I have two bad disc's in my back, I too live in pain...With my first child they debated if they would have to take her...She was pressing on my spine and the pain put me in the hospital for three days...I hope all goes well for you...

Best wishes,
Caroline
|
Users who thank JavaMissus for this post: ioka 

replied April 5th, 2010
i am 43 and believe to be going through premenopause, the thing is i have through almost every sympthoms associated with it, however recently i getting this back pain that just so painful and when i lie down and strech i feel the pain on one side which just so alaming. I hate to see the Dr. Is this normal
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2011
hello my name is debbie..i have had back pain for past 3 yrs ,drs cant find anything..and i am going thru menopause have heavy periods.smelly periods,moody,,was wondering if back pain is from that and also back pain is really severe when on period cry for hrs from pain,,,does anyone else have same problem and if so wat isit,,,,help and i do go to pain dr but hes not good 1 and pills help but he dont give enough....
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi luvdogs64....All the things you speak about are part of Menopause...The back pain can really get to you...Have you tried using a heating pad?...This can sometimes help.....Take care...

Caroline
|