Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Meningitis Forum

Meningitus, and/or Mysterious infection

Must Read
Meningitis is contagious and can be life threatening. Get the basic facts on meningitis here....
What are the different types of meningitis and who do they affect? We answer this here....
Early signs and symptoms of meningitis can mimic the flu. Can you identify meningitis symptoms and know when to seek medical help?...
I had some mysterious intestinal infection. I had felt like there was some "bug" in my system for a few weeks, but than It came on suddenly in the night, as an "attack" of sever pain all through my abdomen, & back. I fell down in the bathroom. I went to the ER (first time in my life) & was in the hospital with a/103 fever, for a week. I was told the ER saved my life. All my vitals went crazy. A few days in, I also developed sever pain in my neck. Later a doctor told me it had affected my "mengines"- I did not have insurance (I have recently gotten medicaid)- They stabalized me in the hospital & sent me home (with a fever). They said it will take me a long time to regain my normal health (Im 42 very healthy, otherwise., have never been to the hospital before). That was 2 months ago. I am still recovering., from whatever this mysterious thing was. My neck.. going down my spine is still stiff. If there was some viral meningitus?.. Does this stay in your neck for months? PS.. While in the hospital I had sever drop in RBC they thought I would need a transfusion (a few weeks later I had a severe elevation in RBCs)- I had high amalyse? very low potassium., I was extremely weak, with pain all over., and could hardly move.
Did you find this post helpful?
|