Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Memory Loss and blackouts

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello:
About 1.5 years ago my boyfriend suffered a traumatic brain injury. Since that time we have been trying to work through it. However there is one problem that seems to confound even his neurologist. He has frequent episodes we call "blackouts". Usually these happen when he is under stress, but not always. He can fully function during them, however he will often have a very major headaches, and several hours later or when he comes out of it will not know what happened or what occurred during the time he was "out" for, and that memory of whatever event triggered it will never come back. The neurologist seems to think that they may be mini seizures that are happening only within the brain, however we have never been able to document one. Has anyone else out there had this happen??? Can you help us????

thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2010
Ohh! it's so sad!I can understand why you are concerned about your friend. I hope that your friend feels better very soon.I think that it is important that your friend be seen by a doctor immediately. It is important to get medical attention.
|

replied June 13th, 2010
4 days ago my daughter was at school and became dizzy shortly after went into a seizure like state , hyperventilating and was taken to the hospital. when she finally became alert she had lost her memory. there was no evidence that she hit her head , but her not having any memory was not able to tell us. we contacted the school and people that may have seen what happen and no said that they saw her fall or hit her head . all test were preformed to eliminate anything that may be life threatening. nothing found. however she has a constant head ache and 2 day after the first event had another seizure type episode.
|