Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Medication for Reducing Sex Drive

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I am a 34 year old male, and age has done nothing to reduce my sex drive.

It can often interfere with my concentration, and is also a point of contention in my marriage.

Is there any medication I can take that will reduce my sex drive in any way?

Please, I am not interested in any "talk to your wife for a better sex life," "exercise more," "medication is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle," "accept that sexual desire is part of life," or any other such unhelpful and unproductive advice that I see on most other entries about this topic. I am only interested in learning about medication I can purchase or have prescribed by my doctor to reduce my sex drive so I can go on living my otherwise very healthy and happy life. (I apologize if I seem coarse)

I understand that all medications have side effects and I am willing to accept whatever side effects it may entail, so long as it reduces my sex drive.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Medicine isn't intended to deal with non-medical issues. At this time modern medicine doesn't recognise an urge to pursue a practice that is conducive to your natural health and important to your function as a human as a problem. There are a lot of neurochems that can affect libido, their primary effects will prevent you from concentrating and functioning correctly in a marriage. They are for all intents and purposes horrible to bear and it is unlikely you will be able to convince a doctor to inflict them on you. If side effects don't daunt you castration is still a legal surgical practice in many parts of the world, it will destroy your libido much more predictably than medication with much less severe side effects.

An alternative that you likely don't want to considder is that you simply do the work you need to in your marriage to make things work. Your wife married a man with a high sex drive and now she has a husband with a high sex drive. It isn't acceptable that she should expect something different now and even if she thinks it is, it is criminal for her to sacrifice your health for her comfort. If you cannot stand up for yourself to this woman perhaps you should put some serious thought into finding a woman that has more respect for you.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Mr. W0LF,

I have observed similar posts by you such as this one on other entries about this topic, and wishing to avoid these sort of postings is why I posted this under "Ask a Doctor" and why I made it very clear in my original posting that I was not interested in "any "talk to your wife for a better sex life," "exercise more," "medication is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle," "accept that sexual desire is part of life," or any other such unhelpful and unproductive advice."

So, before you dispense unhelpful and unwanted marital advice that I find a woman that has more respect for me, please, show more respect yourself and respond only to what is asked.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
How's this for helpful and respectful Makido? Please do not sequester advice for how to damage your health on a Health site. It is against the terms of service you agreed to when you joined. Additionally it is an insult to those who volunteer their time to help people who genuinely want to improve their quality of life. The internet is large. If you want to find a way to poison yourself and your marriage, it is out there. But Ehealthforum.com is not intended to help you in the aims you have set about in your post.

I wish you luck.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Mr. W0LF,

Nope; still neither helpful nor respectful.

No where have I said I wanted to damage my health, only that I am willing to accept the side effects, which is what every individual who ever takes medication must be willing to do.

You have no idea what my situation is or what my aims are, you only think you do and you are basing your inappropriate advice on those incomplete assumptions; that, not my failure to appreciate it, is an insult Mr. W0LF.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Not Mister, just Wolf

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your causal reference to running a risk of chemical neutering that could cut your life short by years or worse yet escalating your risk of prostate cancer that could cost you decades of your life. If you were implying something other than the notion that you were looking for drugs that would damage your sex drive and that you had no interest in healthy medical advice to the contrary then I am surely sorry. I'm sure you know much more about what you're talking about and my work in applicable fields is not of benefit to you. However just in the hopes that you may someday be able to educate others like myself I encourage you to read very deeply into the topic of male sex drive and health before you decide to make any changes to your quality of life that cannot be reversed.
|

replied July 30th, 2013
Wow... wolf you are the most rude !**@!

You completely ignore what help the person asks for and proceed to lecture and pontificate what you want him to do... which he also very politely asked for people not to do in the first place.

Dude... you have your own agenda and don't give a damn about anybody else unless they agree with you.

I bet you have a LOT of mirrors in your house don't you?
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Apology accepted, W0LF.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2013
Hi Makido, I'm not a medic, just a common-sense bloke with the same "problem". My wife and I have a wonderful life of intimacy, but it's at her pace, not mine. Have you considered masturbation as a release between times of love-making? It could even become a time of her pleasuring you without putting pressure on her to "perform".
|

replied June 15th, 2013
Experienced User
Blessed, I agree with you completely, I have been married for 48 yrs and this has been my way of balancing out my sex drive issue. As a couple we have come to same point as you stated in your last sentence.. ojsam
|

replied August 1st, 2013
you want Cyproterone Acetate, that will reduce your testosterone levels which will lessen your sex drive. Only works while you are taking the drug, drive will return to normal if you stop. You can buy online easily.
|

replied June 10th, 2014
Listen no medical professional can predict how long some will live. Its a fools errand. But if we are predicting then I don't have long anyway. Spare me the foolish predictions. I am too big for my wife. She has endured me hurting her for years. All under the guise of keeping me loyal. I'm fine with giving myself a hand screw. But 3-4 times a day is too much. I amm often so vigorous I rub myself raw. I can't take it. So isn't there a middle ground bring it down to a level of needing once a week?. My hormones all are normal testosterone a little on the low side but is needing to ejaculate less than 4 times a day too much to ask for?. How can a sore penis and an injured wife not be a medicaly treatable condition?
|