Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Medical Abortion at 3 months

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
My ex-girlfriend recently had an abortion (it was ours). She was 3 months pregnant when she was given the shot. Her doctor told her to insert those pills that expel the embryo/fetus 4 days later. She did that and 4 days after that she said she was walking and felt like she had to pee really badly. When she went to the bathroom she said lots of blood+blood clots came out. I wasn't able to go to the original appointment with her because she hadn't told me at that point, so I have no real information from a doctor. From what I have read on the internet it seems as though everything is done now. However, I wanted a straight answer. She still has a check up in 7 days to make sure everything worked out.

The crux of my question is, is it possible she is still pregnant? Even a little? Or does this heavy period/blood clots mean its done and finished with.

Thank you. I have a good idea of the answer as I have browsed many posts, it would just make me feel more...secure to hear it coming from someone directly related to my situation, I appreciate it.

**one more thing to add, my ex told me she was 3 months pregnant and from what I have heard medical abortions are typically not done at this point. However, her doctor still did it. Is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile diszisziete
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
She could have been wrong in telling you how far along she was.... She could have just been mistaken.

IN other countries besides the US, Medical abortions can be given later.

Most likely she was mistaken.

She technically CAN still be pregnant, and that is why a follow up appointment is needed. The follow up ensures that the abortion was successful.
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Hmmm... She could still be pregnant? As in there is still something inside of her that needs to come out? Or could she still technically give birth to baby. I only ask because it seems as though If blood/blood clots came from her uterus, where the embryo/fetus is/was developing, it would be impossible for the embryo/fetus to still develop.
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
HOW?? OF course the clots and blood came from her uterus, but it is still possible to remain pregnant and need a surgical abortion to complete it.

Medical abortion is not as effective as surgical abortion, which is why medical abortion requires so many steps.

Sometimes placenta tissue can be left, or other pregnancy tissue, sometimes the entire fetus is left behind.

I WORK in an abortion clinic, I assist with abortions. Womens health is my specialty.

SHE NEEDS to go to her follow up appointment.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
16 pregnant
hi just a quick question because u work in a clinic my sisters 16 and im at a dilemma and dont know what to do she went to a clinic 2 weeks ago and they told her she 3 months pregnant and shes to far gone to get rid of it her bf and her tell me the used a condom and it spilt. how true that is i dont know but this is prosides the point. i cant tell my mum but i am old enough to go get rid of it with her she dont want it but we are stuck in live in the uk (essex) can she get rid at that far and will it be to dangeruos for her shes got her whole life ahead of her and shes just got in to a top notch college and im scared for her plssss help someone plsss
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2012
what is the medicine she take?
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Thank you for your advice, she is still absolutely going to her follow up, I was just curious.

As for surgical being better I completely agree with you... she called me up one day and told me she just had a medical abortion, I didn't really have any say in the matter (of course seeing as how she had an abortion rather then deciding to keep it I'm so grateful)

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.
|

replied October 30th, 2009
As far as everything I have read on abortion they will only give you the medical abortion if you are less than 9 weeks pregnant because after that your body needs to be cleaned completely out by surgical abortion
|

replied January 15th, 2012
i need some advise. im barely going to be 19 about three months pregnant but i cant handle a child right now. my boyfriend and his family are convincing me to have the baby but deep in my heart i cant have the baby because i know nor them or i can provide a good life for the child. should i have an abortion or just try to make the best of the situation? i want to have a child but its not best especially knowing how my boyfriend (the babys dad) is.
|

replied April 9th, 2012
3 months pregnancy
my wife is having 3 months of pregnancy.Will you please let me know any medicines or injection?I ve consulted doctors but they r jst talking abt the abortion at this time itslef tht mean go for the operation.Will you please help me out?

Thanks & Regards,
Tejpalsingh
|

replied April 5th, 2013
Is the abortion for 3-4months pregnency possible?
|