Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Maybe Gallbladder?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am gluten and corn intolerant and watch my diet very closely as I get sick very easily. But over the last few months I've been having these episodes of severe pain on my left side accompanied by nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhea that comes on very fast in the night. The pain is so intense that my head is pounding and I just cry and want to die. Alcohol definitely brings the pain on but this past week I've had two episodes after eating my simple bland foods. I wonder if lettuce set if off one night. My stomach also gets kind of gurgly.

I had a HIDA scan done and it shows my gallbladder is functioning 11% better than it was 8 years ago much to my surprise.

Im frustrated and confused.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2011
Experienced User
Might possibly be something to do with your gallbladder, but I'd look elsewhere first. Is the pain high up, almost in your chest? How long does it last?
|

replied August 15th, 2011
I do get some chest pain but the pain is mostly underneath my ribs on the left side radiating to low back. The pain can last for a few hours to 10 minutes but very intense where I can hardly stand and need to use the bathroom right away. I also get very hot and can't stop shaking maybe because of the intensity of the pain. Its the worst feeling I have ever experienced and wouldn't wish it upon anyone!!
|