Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Masturbation pros and cons

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
i am 19 now and i am masterbating since i was in the middle of 14 and 15..it has become a habbit since then..it effects my health or it is my illusion?and now my pen. has turned to one direction nd errection is not that much good as it was before..do it wll create problems in my married life? i am quite worried about this.one more thing,wether i can regain my strength back mently nd phyisically by stopping masterbation now nd how much time my body will too to regain?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2009
Sexual Health - Men Answer A5283

Masturbation is a normal part of a sex life. It can not have a negative effect on health. Moreover, both sides of our body are not ideally symmetrical and equal. Therefore, it is a normal finding in men that one testicle is bigger than the other or the penis, when erected, is more directed on the left or the right side. This does not create problems in a sexual life with a partner, only that maybe the frequency of sexual intercourse in a relationship might probably lower the need for masturbation. However, at the time being, there is no reason to stop masturbating. Given the data you provided, you might want to reconsider the thought that you have a “lost strength” in erection, because from what you’ve written everything seems to be normal. But, if you feel it really bothers you, you might want to visit your family doctor, who’ll refer you to a urologist, if necessary.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.